Sat. Jul 20th, 2024

According to a report by the Gas Exporting Countries Forum on the World Gas Outlook 2050, Algeria will maintain its position as an important exporter of natural gas to the European market.

The same report placed Algeria at the top of natural gas producers, followed by Equatorial Guinea and Libya, with about 70% of Algerian gas exports going to the European market through gas channels, and the remaining 30% in the form of natural gas.

According to the report, in 2022, Algeria exported 52 billion cubic meters of natural gas through gas pipelines and in the form of natural gas, most of which went to Europe.

Algeria is the fourth largest supplier of natural gas to the European continent, with total exports of 10 million tons of liquefied natural gas, of which about 9.2 million tons to Europe.

The report also indicated that the European Union imports gas through pipelines from five countries, namely Algeria, Azerbaijan, Libya, Norway, and Russia, and during 2022 it imported 203 billion cubic meters, a decrease of 26% compared to 2021.

The report dealt with the increase in Algeria’s supply of natural gas, especially thanks to the development of exploited fields and the acceleration of the exploitation of new discoveries in the Sonatrach field.

Algeria’s natural gas production increased from 85 billion cubic meters in 2019 to 101 billion cubic meters in 2022 after the expansion of the Hassi Ramel field.

The report indicated that there are new discoveries near the Hassi Ramel field, which will allow the addition of an estimated 3.5 billion cubic meters.

Tunisian human rights observatory: The situation at the border crossings with Libya is characterized by calm

Related Post